When Scientists Found this Star, They Started Believing In Aliens SUBSCRIBE: https://youtu.be/xsXMP6qQv-w : The state of our knowledge about the Universe is in a strange place now. We can map countless stars around us, but we seem to be just stumbling upon every discovery. Some of them are so puzzling, even skeptical scientists start to suspect aliens! The brightest example is the Tabby Star, who’s light dims as if there was a giant artificial megastructure around it.
It’s about 50% bigger than our Sun, and 1,000 degrees hotter, and there are other objects just like it in the Universe. Nevertheless, it became known as the strangest star ever observed. So what’s really happening there? To understand it, we should dive a bit deeper into how it was first found.
What’s so unique about Tabby Star? 🌟 2:46
Does a highly developed civilization live there? 😮 3:45
Why our data can be unreliable 5:52
What about more grounded theories? 7:04
#aliens #space #brightside
– KIC 8462852, or simply called Tabby Star, is a mysterious celestial object situated in the constellation Cygnus, some 1,470 light-years away from the Sun
– Tabby Star is named after Professor Tabetha Boyajian, who was the first to notice a strange quality: while other stars dim by about 1% when a planet passes in front of them, Tabby Star dimmed much more.
– At times, its shine is restored to its natural state, and then it gets obscured once again.
– This produced the first theory – Tabby Star may have a giant hive of comets and asteroids orbiting around it.
– In fact, the idea of a structure spinning around a star is long known to astronomers. It’s called the Dyson Sphere. Hypothetically, a structure like this could be made by a highly developed civilization to harvest the energy from a star.
– Dyson Spheres are proposed to be the first sign of a highly advanced civilization existing in the Universe.
– The probability of a Dyson Sphere causing Tabby Star’s dimming was put to the test by searching for any radio signals in the area of the star, but unfortunately, scientists were met with nothing but silence.
– Anyways, the scientific community was, shall we say, outraged about the decision to even try and test the alien theory of Tabby Star’s mystery in the first place.
– So recently, another, much more grounded, Tabby Star theory emerged. According to it, there must be a giant brown dwarf planet going around Tabby Star at distant orbits.
– Astronomer Brian Metzger and his colleagues at Columbia University suggested that the objects surrounding Tabby Star and causing the strange flickering of its light might be the remains of crushed planets and their exomoons.
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC