Download Keto Essentials
In this video, Dr. Berg talks about the ketogenic diet, women, and hormones.
1. Decrease insulin – when you decrease insulin by doing intermittent fasting and the ketogenic diet, you are instantly enhancing certain fat burning hormones. Insulin is a fat burning hormone and it has the power of preventing the fat burning process. In the presence of insulin, all the fat burning hormones are nullified.
By lowering insulin, you enhance these certain hormones:
• Thyroid Hormone
• Growth Hormone
2. Increase bile production – it helps to convert the inactive form of T4 to the active form T3. It also increases the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.
3. Increase dietary fat – provides the raw material for steroid hormones.
4. Decreasing insulin will also decrease PCOS.
5. Running your body in ketones greatly supports the brain. Ketones are neuroprotective.
6. Decrease pancreas stress.
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, 53 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of The New Body Type Guide and other books published by KB Publishing. He has taught students nutrition as an adjunct professor at Howard University. He no longer practices but focuses on health education through social media.
DR. BERG’S SHOP: http://shop.drberg.com/
Follow us on FACEBOOK: fb.me/DrEricBerg
Send a Message to his team: m.me/DrEricBerg
ABOUT DR. BERG: https://www.drberg.com/dr-eric-berg/bio
Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Berg is a licensed chiropractor in Virginia, California, and Louisiana, but he no longer practices chiropractic in any state and does not see patients so he can focus on educating people as a full-time activity, yet he maintains an active license. This video is for general informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, cure, treatment, diagnosis, and prescription or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Berg and you. You should not make any change in your health regimen or diet before first consulting a physician and obtaining a medical exam, diagnosis, and recommendation. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. The Health & Wellness, Dr. Berg Nutritionals and Dr. Eric Berg, D.C. are not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this video or site.