The Crazy Price for Parmesan Explained (+ Other Fun Cheese Facts) SUBSCRIBE: https://youtu.be/nE2uhv-ZCSw : If you’re a cheese lover, you have around 2,000 varieties of this amazing product in the world to be happy about. By the way, do you know who a turophile is? It’s a smart word for people who can’t live without cheese! But not each and every one of them can explain what makes parmesan so crazy expensive. Let’s update our knowledge of the subject together!
Other videos you might like:
15 FOODS THAT’LL NEVER MAKE YOU FAT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPxDjkqAE2I&
Why Are Rolex Watches So Expensive? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDCczit4MuQ&
Food Under the Microscope Like You’ve Never Seen It https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDO5fbG-b7Q&
Where the TRUE parmesan comes from 0:24
Who invented this type of cheese 1:11
Unique bacteria 1:34
What law says about the sale of parmesan 3:24
Parmesan as bank collateral 4:06
The most stolen food on the planet 5:35
The largest block of cheese ever delivered to the White House 5:56
A power station that works on Beaufort cheese 6:34
Cheese can be addictive 7:02
The most expensive cheese in the world 7:20
Cheese was mentioned in Homer’s Odyssey 7:52
Wanna live longer? Eat cheese! 8:41
Different cheese types can give you different kinds of dreams 9:06
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– It takes at least one year for it to mature, and you’d need 131 gallons of milk to produce it.
– Parmesan was first mentioned in historical documents as early as the 13th and 14th centuries. The famous writer Boccaccio mentioned a “mountain, all of grated Parmesan cheese” in his Decameron in 1348.
– It is regulated by law that it can’t leave the manufacturer before 12 months pass by. Then, the Consorzio del Formaggio Parmigiano Reggiano, consisting of cheese experts and master graders, test the cheese and decide if it’s ready to go.
– As with any product that gets better with time, the more mature it is, the more expensive it is.
– According to The Centre for Retail Research in the UK, cheese is the most stolen food on the planet.
– The largest block of cheese ever delivered to the White House was a gift to President Andrew Jackson from dairy farmer Colonel Thomas S. Meacham of Sandy Creek, New York.
– There is a power station in the French Alps that works on Beaufort cheese! The electricity made is enough for 1,500 people.
– Cheese can be addictive because of the casomorphins contained in cow liver.
– The most expensive cheese in the world is…not Parmigiano Reggiano! It’s pule cheese from the milk of Balkan donkeys from Serbia.
– Cheese was mentioned in Homer’s Odyssey (dating back to the late 8th century BCE). The cyclops produced and stored goat’s milk cheese on cheese racks in his cave.
– Roquefort blue cheese is rich in spermidine, which is good for your heart health and blood pressure.
– Cheese can help you sleep better! This was the conclusion of a 2005 study by the British Cheese Board (it really exists!).
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit: