If You Have This Type of Ceiling, You Might Be In Danger SUBSCRIBE: https://youtu.be/nE2uhv-ZCSw : Take a look up at the ceiling. Does it look like a bunch of hard, cottage cheese staring back at you? Yep, looks like you’ve got popcorn ceilings. But it’s no joke! These ugly bumpies are actually really dangerous to your health! They contain a toxic substance called asbestos. So what should you do if you’re living with popcorn ceilings today?
Other videos you might like:
11 Unexpected Ways to Free Your Body from Toxins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2hGucou9Uk&
4 Types of Toxic Cookware to Avoid and 4 Safe Alternatives https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uATfA_WoTA&
What If You Ate Moldy Bread by Accident? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTqGTv-_MYc&
Why were popcorn ceilings invented? 0:47
The dangers of popcorn ceilings 😱 1:39
Is it time to pack your bags and run for the hills? 3:45
Other potentially dangerous materials in your home:
– Carbon monoxide (over 400 people die every year from it!) 5:42
– Mold 6:40
– Pesticides 8:10
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– Popcorn ceilings reached their height of popularity in the 1930s and managed to stick around all the way through the 1990s, which is why a lot of homes built during this time frame still have them today.
– This thick, bumpy spray treatment was a cheap and time-efficient way to finish ceilings without having to smooth them out.
– Asbestos can wreak the most havoc on your body when you breathe it in. So if you or a professional attempt to remove a popcorn ceiling, for example, you absolutely have to wear protective gear to cover your eyes, nose, and mouth.
– When a person breathes in these particles, they have a hard time breaking down and the body can’t dispose of them easily. They can damage lung tissue, cause scarring, and even mess with your cells!
– Asbestos can be present in different materials as long as it doesn’t make up more than 1% of it. And spray-applied asbestos, along with a handful of other building products, are currently banned from the US.
– If you breathe in the gas for too long, you’ll start to feel symptoms like dizziness and nausea, kinda like when you’re coming down with the flu.
– Mold spores can grow as a result of this moist patch and can cause serious health issues. And if you’re allergic to mold, get ready for all kinds of symptoms like sinus congestions, chronic cough, and eye irritation.
– Always clean up any bug spray you use in your home after it’s served its purpose.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit: