If You Get Pain After Workout, Try These 10 Easy Tips SUBSCRIBE: https://youtu.be/WfsAkSb923k : Okay well, you finally overcame your laziness and headed for the gym. You were so proud of yourself, running miles on the treadmill, lifting weights, and doing pull-ups! But today, you don’t feel so happy anymore. And the reason for your bad mood is annoying, excruciating, post-workout muscle pain!
What we’ve been talking about is DOMS, which stands for delayed-onset muscle soreness, and it is NOT normal. It’s at its worst 24 to 72 hours after an overly intense workout, because that’s when your body finally gets down to repairing the torn muscle tissue. Luckily, there are several tricks, and they’re just the thing to deal with the soreness.
Other videos you might like:
19 Foods to Build Muscle and Gain Weight Faster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM4iBO3_N-k&
1-Minute Exercises to Improve Posture and Reduce Back Pain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_WJ5cotyfE&
6 Exercises to Kill Chronic Knee, Foot or Hip Pain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrSGBwQGuMQ&
Take an ice bath 🛀 0:32
Use a heating pad 0:55
🍍 Eat cherries and pineapples 🍒 1:07
Do some light movements 1:23
Do light stretching 2:02
Drink more water than usual 3:05
Learn several self-massage techniques 3:31
Try wearing a compression garment 4:17
Eat more protein 4:38
🆘 Worrying signs 🆘 5:14
Delayed-onset muscle soreness 6:07
How do you avoid it? 7:28
#musclepain #workout #brightside
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– You might not know it, but most professional sports teams have a bath filled with ice in their locker room, and after tough workouts, athletes spend around 10 minutes soaking there.
– Several hours later, put a heating pad on the strained muscles. It’ll stimulate the blood flow and loosen up tension, which, in turn, will make the healing process go faster.
– Go to the grocery store and stock up on cherries and pineapples. These products are rich in an enzyme called bromelain. It has amazing anti-inflammatory properties, and foods that contain this enzyme are often more effective than anti-inflammatory medicines.
– Even if you feel unbearable muscle pain, you still need to do some light movements.
– Light stretching is another great way to put an end to your suffering. While stretching, you increase your range of motion and release muscle tightness.
– Drink more water than usual. It turns out that there’s a direct connection between increased muscle pain and dehydration!
– Learn several self-massage techniques. You probably know that after running a marathon, athletes get a session of nice rehabilitating massage which helps them to recover.
– You can also try wearing a compression garment; it will prevent the pain from getting worse and speed up the recovery of the muscle tissue.
– Eat more protein. It’s not only a vital element for building up muscles and keeping them healthy, but it also helps your muscles to recover faster after a tough workout.
– If you have not only extreme muscle soreness, but also weakness, swelling, and cola-colored urine, you need to consult a doctor ASAP! This condition might occur when over-worked muscle fiber dies and releases a protein called myoglobin into the bloodstream.
– Never skip out on warm-up exercises and dynamic stretching like walking lunges, swinging your legs, or squats. These activities prepare your body for training and reduce the DOMS effects.
– After your workout, take some time to cool down by doing some light aerobic activity, for example, jogging or walking for 5 to 10 minutes.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz