Here’s the Most Dangerous Thing in the Universe SUBSCRIBE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXfT0LLOvDM : Are you afraid of alien invasions or giant meteors rushing toward Earth? Oh, forget about them! There’s something much more dangerous lurking in space, and it’s called “strange matter.” While people don’t know much about it, experts are sure that under particular conditions, this stuff would be able to eat our planet alive!
Imagine a jar of honey that suddenly goes nuts and decides to consume everything around: the table, plates, your kitchen, you, the whole galaxy! That’s exactly what may happen if the strange matter was left to roam on its own. But would there be a way to stop all this from happening?
Other videos you might like:
The Bermuda Triangle Mystery Has Been Solved https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_5n7URd2Gk&
The Great Pyramid Mystery Has Finally Been Solved https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sONLWHuYo7w&
How Deep Can You Possibly Dig? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zU_CiB2GnQ&
What’s so unique about neutron stars? 0:35
How just one teaspoon can weight 10 million tons 1:31
Strange quarks. What is it? 2:34
Strange matter may be… contagious! 4:01
Is it really so dangerous? (Oh, yeah!) 5:04
Could we stop it? 5:49
How to avoid becoming spaghetti 6:46
What physicists say 7:48
#space #blackhole #strangemater
Preview photo credit:
Cartoon fantastic planet, worlds asteroid set. cosmic, alien space element for game: Designed by vectorpouch/Freepik, https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/cartoon-fantastic-planet-worlds-asteroid-set-cosmic-alien-space-element-game_2238498.htm
Animation is created by Bright Side.
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– Imagine this: a super powerful and massive star is reaching the end of its life. If the star had been massive enough, it’ll produce a black hole. But if it wasn’t that big, a neutron star will appear in its place.
– Scientists say that one day these neutrons can get tired of holding all that weight, and the structure keeping the entire thing together will collapse. This leads to the appearance of a quark star.
– The pressure inside a quark star is getting stronger. As a result, things called “strange quarks” can appear in its core. They’ve been dubbed “strange” because, well, they don’t behave like normal quarks.
– But strange matter – oh, that’s a bundle of chaos! Here’s where the “strange” part comes in. Its quarks have no boundaries – they just run totally amok wherever and however they want.
– When two neutron stars collide or when a neutron star crashes into a black hole, these strangelets break free. Sadly, a strangelet wouldn’t care whether the object it’s encountered is a star or a planet full of life!
– To get rid of strange matter, the only thing we could do is toss it into a black hole. But this escape plan raises all kinds of questions itself.
– But as soon as you get to the black hole’s edge, aka the event horizon, you won’t be able to turn back because it’s the point of no return.
– Everything that approaches a black hole gets broken down into individual atoms. And we become long thin pasta.
– At this point, strange matter is just a theory that hasn’t been confirmed yet. Physicists have considered creating strange matter in a particle accelerator. Luckily, they later came to the conclusion that it’s impossible to do since particle accelerators get so hot that they’d immediately melt any appearing strangelets.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit: