Hard Life at Sea: 8 Facts About Aircraft Carriers SUBSCRIBE: https://youtu.be/nE2uhv-ZCSw : What comes to mind when you imagine “a city in the sea”? Some kind of Atlantis that was lost centuries ago and only recently re-discovered? Well, I’m actually talking about aircraft carriers, and they really are like full-on cities floating out in the middle of the ocean! They even have actual mailing addresses!
Other videos you might like:
The Truth About the Titanic Has Been Revealed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxdRTaAp5Fw&
13 Secrets Cruise Ships Are Hiding From You https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bza8Uzoh9Y
Why This Tiny Lake Is the Scariest on Earth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLSmGlBYgAk&
The whole city on one ship 0:32
They’re huge and few in numbers 2:03
They are sovereign territories 2:48
In what conditions crewmembers live 3:32
The most dangerous work onboard 4:39
Aircraft carriers get busier than airports 5:58
They can sail for years 6:59
How to send mail to a US aircraft carrier 7:49
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– An aircraft carriers serve 4 major functions: transport aircraft around the world, launch airplanes, serve as a mobile command center for military operations, and house the crew that’s responsible for doing all that.
– Most aircraft carriers cover up to 4.5 acres and can be as long as 1,000 feet.
– Those things weigh up to 30 tons and can be 20 feet (6 m) long. An aircraft carrier is built to function for about 50 years.
– Thanks to international Freedom of Navigation laws, aircraft carriers are officially sovereign territories no matter where they find themselves in the ocean.
– An aircraft carrier has a legit population, housing and employing anywhere from 5,000 to 6,000 people. They live on 7 decks stacked under each other and elevators take them to the main decks.
– Around half of the jobs on an aircraft carrier are connected to actually flying, controlling, and maintaining the planes.
– Helping a plane take off and land at an aircraft carrier at such a rate is one of the most difficult, dangerous, and loudest jobs in the world. One wrong move and you can easily get swept off into the sea.
– Most carriers today run on nuclear power. That means they don’t need to refuel as often as they used to and can function for 20 to 25 years straight on one fill-up!
– Crewmembers can even shop and make orders online, and those packages typically get delivered within 10 days.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit: