30 Unique Things That Only Happen in Saudi Arabia SUBSCRIBE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rREdMMfZT4 : Did you ever think you could serve jail time for a selfie? Well, there’s no country quite like Saudi Arabia, and while it definitely has a colorful culture, some of its traditions and rules are fascinating…. And some are just plain weird!
For example, birth control is often accessible only for married women. Some pharmacies can ask for a marriage certificate before selling contraceptives! If you’re a Saudi man, giving flowers to your sweetheart is also not a good idea. Here, women can only receive flowers from other women. And there are no cinemas in Saudi Arabia. The government believes that movies may give men and women inappropriate ideas. Can you imagine that?
Other videos you might like:
15 Examples of Japanese Etiquette That Will Drive You Crazy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR-H7yr9Ceo
14 Strange Ways of Life the Ancient Egyptians Practiced https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiMbVa6XzTw&
15 Strange Things That Seem Normal Only In South Korea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT0xEelCd-I&
Deserts are everywhere 0:20
Really young population 0:58
Saudi Royal family 1:10
It’s forbidden to take pictures of people here 1:29
Always use your right hand 1:47
Never show the soles of shoes 2:12
The camel industry 2:32
What women can’t do 2:45
Saudi education is free 3:27
Bad news for Pokémon lovers 4:39
… and for Harry Potter books fans 4:49
Men and women can’t interact with one another freely 5:33
Sidewalk skiing 6:18
#saudiarabia #traditions #strangerules
Preview photo credit:
(The left photo) attractive woman sitting in driver seat in the car: By Dean Bertoncelj/Shutterstock.com, https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/attractive-woman-sitting-driver-seat-car-77406904
Animation is created by Bright Side.
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– Saudi Arabia is located on the Arabian Peninsula. Just so you know, this is the world’s largest peninsula. And even though Saudi Arabia is the 13th largest country in the world, it still has no river! Considering the fact that it’s mostly deserts, this is a real bummer for everybody.
– Despite its desert climate, snow, rain, and hail are never out of the picture. Especially, if you live in areas like Tabuk.
– Also, don’t be surprised if you see a Saudi family enjoying their meals on the floor.
– Saudi people take naming their child pretty seriously. They usually choose names that somehow reflect their kid’s heritage, the clan they’re from, or their extended family.
– Not that long ago, the women of Saudi Arabia weren’t allowed to drive cars or even ride bicycles. However, they could easily fly planes if they wanted to. Seems logical! Thankfully, in 2018, this ban was lifted.
– Universities are also packed with women. According to statistics, about 52 percent of students pursuing a bachelor’s degree are, in fact, women.
– Valentine’s Day in Saudi Arabia also comes with a set of rules. Flower shops can’t sell red roses, gift shops avoid selling heart-shaped products, and girls are prohibited from wearing red to school. And if you’re a Saudi man, giving flowers to your sweetheart is also not a good idea. Here, women can only receive flowers from other women.
– Saudi wedding ceremonies are also not as fun as you might think. Believe it or not, they’re often held separately for the bride and the groom! The newlyweds get together only near the end of it.
– Music classes are also kinda banned in public schools. Sure, the Saudi music industry is pretty dynamic, but all Saudi musicians either taught themselves how to play instruments or had to hire a tutor.
– If you live in Saudi Arabia, you should also forget about crazy birthday parties. Public gatherings of any kind are completely prohibited, so your best option is having a piece of cake at home in your favorite pajamas.
– When the rest of the world obsesses over oil, Saudi people know what’s good. Here, fresh water is way more expensive and valuable. However, that’s probably because all the oil in Saudi Arabia can easily fill more than 4.7 million Olympic-size swimming pools!
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit: