Scientists Know How to Relocate Earth When Sun Becomes Too Hot SUBSCRIBE: https://youtu.be/xsXMP6qQv-w : Earth isn’t the only planet in the Solar system, and yet, it’s the only one with complex forms of life. So it’s not just that the friendly Sun makes our planet an oasis in a vast space desert. The Sun could also finally be the most harmful thing our planet will face. It’s highly radioactive, and it’s already destroyed the atmosphere and oceans on Mars. Is it going to destroy Earth too? Or do we have a chance to survive?
Scientists say that in the future, the Sun will be getting hotter and brighter. In 3.5 billion years the Sun will be 40 % brighter than it is now. But don’t be scared! It’s plenty long enough to prepare for survival. So why not take Earth, with all its resources and inhabitants, and move it to a safe distance from the Sun?
Other videos you might like:
What If The Sun Went Out for Just One Day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJNF1R4EDnw&
13 Scariest Theories That’ll Make Your Blood Run Cold https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3UIGKn69dE&
How Deep Can You Possibly Dig? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zU_CiB2GnQ&
Why the Sun is a real danger 0:34
When all the hydrogen will burn away 2:02
Can we fly away in a spaceship? 3:51
Or maybe we can move Earth from the Sun? 5:23
Giant Solar canvass 6:36
Gravity slingshot 7:40
#sun #space #brightside
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– Hollywood has shown us dozens of dangers that could destroy life on the blue planet – from a huge asteroid, to the invasion of aliens. But there’s a real danger that could eventually burn all signs of life away, and that’s the Sun.
– Scientists say that it’ll take about 7 billion years for all the hydrogen to burn away and be replaced by helium. As a result, the Sun will be getting hotter and brighter – by about 10% every billion years.
– This will lead to a greenhouse effect like what we see on Venus now. In the long run, the water will be blown away from the atmosphere by a stronger solar emission.
– Needless to say, but I’ll say it anyways, It’ll be a very hard time for plants and animals. Only some will survive, but not for long.
– The Sun will keep growing and eventually turn into a red giant, which will absorb Mercury, Venus and probably Earth.
– One of the most obvious decisions would be to leave the sinking ship in a lifeboat. Or rather, fly away in a spaceship.
– Even if we launched 1000 shuttles daily, which is – well – impossible, it would take 2700 years to move all the population from the planet.
– Why not take Earth, with all its resources and inhabitants, and move it to a safe distance from the Sun? Sounds crazy, and yet scientists have a way to solve this too.
– A focused ray of light, such as a laser, can take energy from the Sun, and in that case, the Earth’s mass is irrelevant.
– We could also reflect the Solar energy directly with a kind of Solar canvass built close to Earth. Sounds good, but it would have to be really big – 19 times bigger than the Earth’s diameter.
– There’s still another way to save our home from the growing Sun. It’s a kind of interplanetary pool. The technique known as a gravity slingshot is used for 2 rotating bodies and uses their gravity to change the speed.
– Some places in the Solar system are full of small asteroids and comets – even modern technologies are enough to move them.
– But it’s one thing to move a small spaceship, and quite another to move a whole asteroid that could destroy life on the planet if the scientists miscalculate.
– Let’s hope they think up something safer by the time we need to do something ASAP.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz